The Certificate of Biblical Studies is for students who want a Biblical foundation prior to pursuing education or training at a non-Christian institution or for those who already have a degree but are seeking additional instruction in Biblical studies. The Certificate is also appropriate for lay workers in local churches who sense a need for Biblical education. This program may also help a student to meet the requirements of various missions boards.
All of the following requirements must be met in order to receive a Certificate of Biblical Studies from Trinity College:
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 30 semester credit hours with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average including completion of the Certificate of Biblical Studies curriculum, Chapel, and Christian Service requirements. The final 26 credit hours must be completed in residence at Trinity College.
- Satisfactory completion of all Trinity College assessment procedures.
- Continued evidence of a consistent, genuine, Christian testimony.
- Continued essential agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the College.
- Satisfactory fulfillment of all financial obligations to the College. No certificate will be granted or transcript provided to a student with an outstanding financial obligation to the College.
- Affirmative recommendation for graduation by the faculty, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the Board of Trustees.