Also in this section:
- Church Ministries - Pastoral
- Church Ministries - Youth
- Church Ministries - Worship
- Counseling - Family Systems Concentration
- Elementary Education
- General Studies
- Advanced Theological Studies
- Bible and Theology
- Business and Leadership - Management Concentration
- Business and Leadership - Sports Management Concentration
- Intercultural Studies
- AA Biblical Studies
- AA General Studies
- Certificate in Biblical Studies
- Certificate in Apologetics and Christian Evidences
- Certificate in Worship Studies*
Counseling - Clinical Concentration
The Counseling major provides foundational preparation in counseling theory from both a professional and Biblical perspective along with professional preparation in counseling laboratory and internship experience. The major is designed for those who plan to provide counseling as part of their Christian ministry (e.g., pastors, youth ministers, missionaries, evangelists, etc.) and for those who want to prepare for graduate education in counseling.
The Clinical concentration provides the training necessary to gain admission to seminary/graduate school in counseling for eventual licensure as a counselor/marriage and family therapist and/or work in other professional/clinical settings.
Students successfully completing this program will demonstrate:
1. A basic understanding of counseling theory including personality development, small group dynamics,
marriage and family theory, psychopathology, and the grief process,
2. An approach to counseling that is based on both sound theology and counseling theory.
3. A professional level of interview, diagnostic, and treatment planning skills.
For more information on this and other degree programs, visit the College’s Academic Catalog.