Also in this section:
The President's Circle
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
You have heard about the “Big Ten” conference in football, but have you heard of the “Big Three” challenge? This challenge faces us every day. It is relentless and enduring! It is threatening and it attempts to assassinate the joy, peace, and hope in one’s life! It is merciless, cunning, and persistent. It takes the wind out of our sails and creates the environment of worry! The “Big Three” is always with us: FEAR, TROUBLES, and AFFLICTIONS.
The Psalmist addresses the “Big Three” head on:
“I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4 NKJV
“This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.” Psalm 34:6 NKJV
“The righteous cry out and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles…many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.” Psalm 34:17,19 NKJV
David was in a low time in his journey, fleeing from Saul. David was afraid of King Achish, the king of Gath. He changed his behavior and scripture records that “he pretended madness in their hands, scratched on the doors of the gate, and let his saliva fall down on his beard.” What a sight! Achish considered David “insane.” David left and went to the cave of Adullam where those in distress, debt, and discontent gathered to him, 400 of them, and he became their captain. What a fellowship! What an encouraging and uplifting group! I Samuel 21:10-22:2
It was during this time that Psalm 34 was born. What an environment! But God was using this to give us a remarkable group of promises that lives today. Did you notice the word ALL? Did you notice the expression, “the Lord hears?” Did you notice the word, “Deliver?” As we seek and cry to the Lord, He does all the above. What a magnificent Redeemer and Lord!
You may ask: How does the Lord do this? How can he make such a complete and all comprehensive promise? You must read Psalm 34 a few times and it will “jump” out at you. There is spiritual power in these 22 verses of the Psalm. Allow your mind to meditate on the passages … spend time there. Allow the Spirit of God to teach and show you the simple secret. It is right there!
It is seen in verse 8 … then in verses 6 and 18 … and then in verses 9 and10. Are you ready? Here it is:
- Simply think on Him! Think about the Lord, His character, attributes, and works. Think on Him…period. Just think on Him! Something will happen to you.
- Simply talk to Him! Talk to him like your Heavenly Father … Daddy! Talk to Him with real, simple, humble language. He knows you. He knows all. Talk to Him about it.
- Simply trust in Him! That’s right - release the fear, trouble, or affliction to His care, management, and choice of deliverance.
Then let the praise and proclamations begin as you experience His promise! David experienced it. Look at his surroundings! Do doubt, discontent, and distress surround you? Do I have a witness?? Let the songs of deliverance begin and be sure you let me know!
The Latest Happenings…
▪ The President’s Council met October 10th on campus. This is a group of professionals, business leaders, clergy, and educators. A Power Point presentation entitled, “The Pathway Forward,” was shared; reports were given and committee work accomplished. Their counsel is reported to the Board of Trustees.
▪ The Board of Trustees met October 31st. Reports from the President and Vice Presidents were presented. Resolutions concerning the audit, investment issues, etc., were adopted. The leadership of the Trustees is imperative for strengthening the culture and empowering the Administration in achieving adopted goals.
▪ Mr. Tim Bettelli, Admissions Director and Marketing Coordinator, reports that applications are up 116% at this time. Dr. John Zuch, Associate Dean for Adult Education, reports over ten pastors who are pursuing their degrees in our degree completion program, TrinityQuest.
▪ A community outreach, Trunk or Treat, was held by the students of Trinity College on October 24th Special events took place allowing community families to enjoy the fall festival.
▪ Trinity’s own Dr. Tom Woodward will be leading a debate, “Is God a Delusion?” at the Performing Arts Center Building, Pasco-Hernando State College, West Campus, on Monday, November 17 at 7:00 p.m. This event is free to the public – no tickets are required. The street address is 10230 Ridge Rd., New Port Richey, Florida.
▪ Congratulations to Dr. and Mrs. Eric Bargerhuff upon their recent wedding. Jennifer and Eric are members of the Trinity College of Florida family and Eric serves as the Director of the Honors Program.
▪ Thank you goes to Dr. Paul Fritz, one of our faculty members, for leading our recent Global Impact (Missions) Conference at Trinity. Three days of special seminars by missionaries, plenary sessions, and one-on-one time with the missionaries provided a rich environment of discovery and decision making for the whole student body.
▪ Strategic Issues and Priorities were completed by the administration for implementation. Individual department goal assessments within the College are presented monthly. Institutional Health Diagnostic Indicators were researched and answered. The Student Government Association Constitution was updated.
▪ College Preview is Friday, November 7, 2015. It is free for all prospective students and their leaders. Classroom time, a chapel experience, and a catered lunch are part of the program. You can sign up here. Special events will be happening!
▪ Additional student housing is needed on campus for all resident students. We are closing in on the final amount of needed funds. Over $600,000 has been given and pledged since May 2014. Please continue to make this a matter of prayer. One donor is considering what they will do toward the end of the year. Another $15,000 was recently received toward this needed facility.
Matters of Prayer…
▪ Trinity College of Florida is the location of Voter Precinct 100 for the general elections on November 4th. Pray that all will sense something different on this campus.
▪ Pray for the development of the Honors Program. Pray for students who will treasure this enhancement of our academic offerings and choose to attend Trinity.
▪ Pray for the development of our online offerings. Thirty-six courses were to be written; thirty-two have been completed and activated. Twenty-seven full-time students are completing their degree online.
▪ Pray for the completion of our new Student Residence Hall.
▪ Pray for the recruiting efforts of Admissions and TrinityQuest for the Spring semester.
▪ Pray that the coming Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations will be ever so special and meaningful, honoring our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thank you always for your partnership and support. What do you think about this Puritan’s Prayer?
“I ask not to be enrolled amongst the earthly great and rich, but to be numbered with the spiritually blessed. Make it my present, supreme, persevering concern to obtain those blessings which are spiritual in their nature, eternal in their continuance, satisfying in their possession.”
I say AMEN and AMEN!
Serving with you,