Also in this section:
The President's Circle
“It’s Really True!”
2017 Has Arrived!
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
In the beginning of my ministry at the first church I pastored, I taught in the Correctional Institution near Belle Glade, Florida. Every Wednesday, I would check in, teach, and talk to many of the inmates. Sometimes getting their attention in a plenary session could be challenging. The Lord impressed on me to preach on “jail breaks” in the New Testament. Boy, did that get everyone’s attention! I am fairly confident that the guards were listening to every word. One day, the warden checked in to find out what was going on. Needless to say, people listened and eventually the warden was attending a Sunday morning service at the church I pastored.
The “jail breaks” in the book of Acts will teach one a great deal for the New Year of 2017! I have been reading through Acts and came across Peter’s miraculous escape from prison recorded in Chapter 12. What an event … two chains were on him as he was guarded by 16 soldiers. The Angel of the Lord stood before Peter, woke him up, guided him out past guard posts and allowed the iron gate to open by itself. What an escape!
Now the following is the verse I want you to grasp:
“Peter finally came to his senses, ‘It’s really true!’ he said, ‘The Lord has sent His angel and saved me from Herod and from what the Jewish leaders had planned to do to me!’” Acts 12:11 NLT
“It’s really true!” The sense of reality captured his very essence. What was happening to him was real. It was not a dream, but reality! As you read further when Peter was knocking on the door of the home of Mary, the mother of John Mark, during a prayer meeting, the servant girl named Rhoda told the believers praying that it was Peter. You know what they said? “You’re out of your mind!” (Sometimes praying saints are not up to believing.) However, reality set in and it was real!
2017 is upon us! God is Good, Great, Giving, and Gracious … it’s really true! God is going to use you, assist you, and guide you … it’s really true! It does not matter if you are ‘chained up’ or ‘pinned in’ by people. He is there to bless and help! It does not matter if you have an ‘iron door’ locking you in emotionally, physically, psychologically, financially, spiritually, or socially, it will move! You are not stuck! It’s really true!
When the Lord is factored in, all things are possible! God does the miraculous and the impossible. A.W. Tozer made a statement that when the Lord blesses, the enemy will do everything he can to keep one so ‘tied up’ and out of sorts that they cannot appreciate, see, feel, or enjoy the blessing that has been given! It’s really true … God has blessed and you must enjoy this blessing now in 2017.
It’s really true that believers are more than conquerors in Jesus Christ. It’s really true that He cares for your welfare:
“…Let the Lord be magnified, who delights and takes pleasure in the prosperity of His Servants.”
Psalm 35:27 AMP
You have been given a new path of discovery and service for Him in 2017. Take Him at His word … You will not be disappointed! You are not pinned down by past failures, mistakes, and sins. Jesus has set you free! It is now time to live like that!
The Power of Christ is really true! The Promises of Christ are completely trustworthy! The Provisions of Christ are present for use! “It is really true.” In Christ, one is not stuck in circumstances, but ‘alive and well’ to be of use to the Lord for His Glory and Honor!
All that the Bible says, promises, and presents is really true! May this reality grip your heart in 2017!
Happy New Year from Trinity College of Florida!
The Latest Happenings:
▪ Over 70 individual gifts were received by the College at the end of 2016. Gifts from the $25,000 level to $100 or less were received for the New Student Residence Hall. A tithe from an insurance policy, a gift from an estate, one-time operational gifts, and end-of-the-year contributions were also received. A Trinity College of Florida Quest alumnus made a contribution of $2,500 to assist students in ministry or missions and help the College with their building fund. New and regular contributors are embracing the mission and vision of the College. Our New Vision statement reads:
Trinity College of Florida will be a character building and life transforming higher learning institution for all communities locally, regionally, and globally in Biblical Excellence, Relational Transformation, and Inspirational Involvement.
To that end, we move for His Honor and Glory!
▪ Rev. Les Harris, one of the Trustees, recently visited a graduate from the fifties who is in an assisted living facility. She has many physical challenges, but when Les told her Trinity was breaking ground on the new and needed residence hall, she asked about the funding and then said, “He Is Able.” Those words continue to vibrate at the College!
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV
▪ A new book, “Carrying Fire: A Memoir by Evelyn B. Yohner,” was donated to the library. Evy describes the wonder, joy, and heartaches of their journey (Art and Evy) as they followed God’s call to “carry their fire” and their passion for God and the lost to Surname in South America (the lost tribe of Akuriyos). They lived the motto, “Lord, Anything … Anytime … Anywhere … At Any Cost.” Art and Evy are part of the heritage of Trinity College of Florida.
▪ Our Vice President for Student Development has just informed me that our men’s basketball team won their game against Bob Jones University (they are ranked #5 in the nation!)
▪ Miscellaneous Notes: The College’s bus has been detailed and cleaned for the new year. A new air conditioning unit has been installed in the President’s home. Scores of Frisbee Golf players utilized the 18-hole course on campus during Christmas break. A new website is being readied for student recruiting.
▪ New Student Residence Hall Update: Over $25,000 of permits have been pulled to begin construction. Development of the 360 acres north of the campus will begin shortly with commercial and residential activity. Soon, new amenities will be available for our student body.
▪ The celebration service of the life of Mrs. Nancy Murray, wife of the late and beloved Dr. Ray Murray, took place last month. Our Chancellor, Dr. Richard Williams, read scripture and ministered to the family at a private event. Friends and community celebrated her life at Ruth Eckerd Hall. Leadership from the College was present along with hundreds of others. A special Power Point presentation was given for all to enjoy! She is “Alive and Well,” enjoying the unmatched landscape of Heaven.
▪ The President and his son will be conducting a requested Legacy Conference at the Chinese Christian Alliance Church in Tampa January 13-15, 2017. It will deal with “passing your faith on to the next generation.”
▪ New Student Orientation is taking place January 12, 2017 with classes set to begin January 17.
▪ Please pray for the final funding of the new Student Residence Hall.
▪ Please pray for Jim Crookston, President of Scherer Construction, and their sub-contractors as they begin construction.
▪ Please pray for a special meeting Friday, January 20, 2017, with Mr. Jay Mansur, Vice President of Advancement at Asbury Theological Seminary. Trustees, President’s Council members, donors, and leaders will be in attendance. It is a gathering to share and inspire forward progress of development at the College.
▪ Please pray for the utilization of the 18-hole Frisbee Golf course on campus for community and student use.
▪ Please pray for the new semester, new student orientation, returning students, faculty, and staff. Pray that they sense the Favor of God and the Peace of God as they begin anew in 2017.
Claiming Jeremiah 31:12 NLT:
“…They will be radiant because of the Lord’s good gifts…”
May this be true for you and the entire Trinity College of Florida family!
Serving with you in great expectancy,