Also in this section:
The President's Circle
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
When was the last time you said, “Nobody cares … Nobody gives a hoot?” I suspect you did not have to think long. Maybe you said this in your mind today. I firmly believe this thought is increasing in Christian circles, ministries, programs, and the like! Considering the rate at which our culture is moving and the direction in which it is proceeding, any believer will think, “Does anyone really care?”
Elijah felt this way. He had dealt with the drought, the Mount Carmel victory, and the blistering comments from Jezebel. He got to the point where he said, “It is enough! Now, Lord, take my life, for I am no better than my fathers!” (I Kings 19:4 NKJV) He was exhausted and lost his will to continue. Mercifully, God gave him rest and food that energized him for forty days and forty nights. He went to a cave and said this:
“I have been very zealous for the Lord God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I alone am left; and they seek to take my life.” I Kings 19:10 NKJV
Am I writing to someone who is feeling this way? “I am alone and Nobody Cares.”
You who might be in a frame of mind, feeling “forgotten” or left out and that Nobody Cares, rest assured the whole story for you has not been told.
But look … God did care! God Cared! In fact, He later tells Elijah that, “Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal and every mouth that has not kissed him.”
(I Kings 19:18 NKJV) Elijah was not alone!
God re-commissioned him and sent him on another mission. He became an incredible mentor to Elisha. Read the story!
This is what you need to know:
God has an ‘Ear’ for your difficulty, your challenge. He has been listening. He knows the context of your issue. He knows all the details. HE CARES!
God has a ‘Plan’ in motion surrounding you at this very moment. You do not see all the moving parts just like Elisha’s servant did not see all that were for them as the enemy surrounded them at Dothan. (II Kings 6) Remember the prophet’s words for you:
“Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
The young man’s eyes were opened by the Lord and he saw the mountains around full of help and assistance! Do you have any “mountain problems”? Help is very near!
God has initiated a “Tangible Token of Good” for you to see, feel, and experience. By that I mean, He has given you blessing to encourage you before everything is resolved in your situation. The tragedy today is that so many of these blessings for the saints are not noticed. For whatever reason, the “rush and stuff of today” moves us so quickly that we miss it. If only we could slow down, think, listen and then look … It is there! Touch and treasure it! It is His intervention on the move for you!!
God answered the prayer of King Manasseh, a most wicked king in deed and action but broken and in distress, and he can answer yours, no matter what been going on. Read II Chronicles 33:10-13. It is electrifying! The Bible says, “…then Manasseh finally realized that the Lord alone is God!” (II Chronicles 33:13 NLT) To that I say: Amen and Amen!
Somebody Does Care … The Creator Himself!
The Latest Happenings…
▪ Alumni Association: The Alumni Council consisting of Andrew Baxter (class of 2013), Thomas Bowden (class of 1964), Saralyn Duarte (class of 1982), Bonnie Thomas (class of 1973) and Sam Thomas (class of 1975) began a monthly electronic contact with the Alumni of Trinity College of Florida. In their September 2015 communiqué, they included a survey to be filled out online in order to help them better communicate, listen, and empower all graduates of the College. Sam Thomas, as President, has been informing our Trinity College of Florida family of events that are significant in the life of all former students of the College. If you would like to be on the e-mail list, share your e-mail address with Sam and Bonnie Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be glad you did.
▪ A number of recent graduates were ordained for church ministries including Joshua Corrick, class of 2012, Jeff Simpson, class of 2011, and A.J. Gutierrez, class of 2012. Several of our recent Alumni are in non-profit ministries in addition to assisting with church planting.
▪ Our missionary conference, Global Impact, was held at the College September 30-October 2, 2015. Twenty-one mission groups were represented in addition to individuals who made presentations in the adjusted class schedule. Dr. Paul Fritz, one of our professors who specializes in intercultural studies, gave leadership to the entire event.
▪ Trinity College of Florida has recently been featured on two local CTN television events, the Herman and Sharron program and Bay Focus. The programs were shown at multiple viewing times and one is being broadcast in other states. Watch the Bay Focus program featuring the President and Admissions Director Tim Bettelli.
▪ iServ Expo was held September 9-11, 2015 on campus. It included the marquee service event of preparing over 10,000 meals under the leadership of Feeding Children Everywhere. These meals were used locally in a matter of days. My.Campus was a service event in which students beautified the campus through voluntary labor. Community Connect was an opportunity to connect with churches in the area for ministry opportunities. Approximately eighteen churches and non-profit organizations participated on campus.
▪ Our Ladies Volleyball team and Men’s Soccer team are playing this semester. Some of the volleyball games have been streamed and can be followed on this link: http://livestream.com/JUFL/volleyball
▪ A new Fall edition of the College’s magazine, The Connection, is in publication.
▪ A gift of $20,000 has been received to complete the volleyball court and to develop a Frisbee Golf course. Funds have also been made available for the blinds to be installed in the Chapel.
▪ The President’s Council will be meeting on Friday, October 9 followed by the Board of Trustees meeting on Friday, October 30, 2015.
▪ Cost estimates for the needed Student Residence Hall will be completed soon. Construction requirements to extend the permitting to 2019 have been met. Over two million dollars have been raised for this facility that would allow all resident students who are currently in off-campus leasing arrangements to be on campus. This new facility would also have a common area where students can engage in small group activity.
Urgent Prayer Requests...
▪ New Student Residence Hall. Pray for donors who will participate in order to provide the needed financing to complete the project.
▪ New Alumni Connection. Pray for the leadership of our Alumni in their efforts to energize and enrich our former students.
▪ The Connection. Pray that the Lord will use this edition to bless, attract, and encourage many friends, young people, and student assistance to the College.
▪ Campus Preview. November 6, 2015. Pray that many young people who are seeking His purpose for their lives will discover treasure at Trinity College of Florida.
May this old Puritan prayer be your guide:
“Grant me never to lose sight of
the exceeding sinfulness of sin,
the exceeding righteousness of salvation,
the exceeding glory of Christ,
the exceeding beauty of holiness,
the exceeding wonder of grace.”
The Valley of Vision
With much appreciation for you and your family,