Also in this section:
The President's Circle
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
You may be thinking that this should be S.O.S, the international emergency signal of distress. No, it is S.S.S. What is that? It means it is So Simply Simple! “What are we talking about?” That is probably your next question, right?
In an age of such complexity and challenge, knowing that something is simple and easy to accomplish is very refreshing. When I am “watching” my grandchildren of fourth and third grade status, they have mastered all the controls for the cable, sound bar, VCR, and other offerings with multiple controls. It is so simply simple for them to set things up and “watch me!” When out shopping, watch how businesses attempt to make it simpler and easier for the customer. This goes for purchasing, shipping, and earning points. They want to create ‘ease’ in the process.
In the spiritual realm, the enemy desires to make things complex and difficult. Moving toward God, he says, is too hard and so unrewarding. Guilt is added. Unworthiness is placed on the agenda. He wants one to become so discouraged and disturbed that they say, “What is the use?”
But I have very good news! It is so simply simple to come to Him. You just COME! The invitation to approach Him, just as you are with all your doubts and fears, is throughout the Old and New Testaments:
“Come now, let us reason together says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.” Isaiah 1:18 ESV
“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.”
Isaiah 55:1 ESV
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 NKJV
“And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.”
Revelation 22:17 NKJV
The word “Come” is used 1,107 times in the Old Testament and 537 times in the New Testament. Hundreds of times it is the invitation from the Almighty to simply “Come”. It is like when Peter asked to be commanded to come if he were Jesus who was walking on water. And Jesus said: “Come”! Matthew 14:28 ESV
The reason this is So Simply Simple, no matter the feeling or what the enemy places in the mix, is because of the following:
- God Wants Us To Come! Simply … Come … Go toward Him in mind and spirit.
- God Wants Us To Come just as we are! Come with the doubts, the misgivings, the hurts, the problems, the unknowns … Come just as you are.
As the hymn clearly states in the third and fourth stanzas:
Just as I am, though tossed about with many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without, O Lamb of God I come.
Just as I am, poor, wretched ….O Lamb of God I come.
God wants us to “simply” come as we are!
3. God Wants Us To Come and He will provide the solution to the complexity of any given issue. Come and let God figure it out! Remember the words of Scripture: “Lean not upon your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.” It is time to be simple … come just as you are!
Just come … it is so simply simple … Come! You have been invited to come … so come! God wants to give and bless … but you must come! Come as you are. God has it all figured out! Simply Come!
The Latest Happenings…
▪ Trinity College of Florida was privileged to have on display through the efforts of Dr. Tom Woodward, a 250-year old copy of the Torah.
▪ The 2016 Sports Banquet was held April 5, 2016. A wonderful banquet was planned for the student body and athletics. Due to the diner area at capacity with students, parents, and guests, the awards and recognitions were given in the Chapel. Women’s Volleyball and Basketball, and Men’s Soccer and Basketball were the sports recognized. The men’s basketball team holds the NIT championship title (National Invitational Tournament) for colleges under 300.
▪ The Spring Campus Preview last month found over 70 prospective students in attendance along with guests. Thirty applications were received. Dr. Eric Bargerhuff, Director of the Honors Program at Trinity, was the keynote speaker during chapel. He spoke on the theme, “Discovering God’s Will for Your Life.” The “meet and greet” with professors occurred in the afternoon with seminars on the Trinity College of Florida experience.
▪ Approximately $30,000 in table sponsorships have been raised for Trinity’s 2016 Annual Banquet, “For His Kingdom.” It will be held on Friday, May 13, 2016, 6:30 p.m. at the Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort in Palm Harbor, Florida. An incredible night of fellowship, recognitions, updates and music are on the schedule. Southern Raised, an outstanding and talented family gospel group, will be in concert, along with Rev. Ron Walters, Senior Vice President of Ministry Relations for Salem Media. Salem Media, based in Seattle, Washington, is the largest distributor of Christian and family themed programming via radio, internet and publishing. Rev. Walters is an author, educator and businessman who understands the needs of 21st century students. A goal of $225,000 for the Life Change Scholarship has been set to assist needy students in their academic pursuits at Trinity College of Florida. This scholarship is not endowed, and gifts given are used immediately to financially assist students after they have pursued all other funding possibilities as well as work income. For tickets and table sponsorships, click here.
▪ The 2016 Trinity College Commencement Service will be held the following day, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 10:00 a.m., at Generations Christian Church, 1540 Little Road, Trinity, Florida. Rev. Ron Walters will be giving the challenge to the class of 2016. Forty-nine students are set to graduate.
▪ The 2016 graduates in the Traditional Program were honored April 22, 2016 in Senior Chapel. Chapel was conducted by Richard McDonald (senior) and recognitions and awards were given by selected faculty. A reception in the dining area followed chapel.
▪ Dr. Lewis Gregory co-founded Source Ministries International in 1982. Source Ministries is a discipleship training ministry located in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Gregory is the author of the book, “The New Year,” an excellent discipleship manual for understanding the humanly indescribable position we have in Christ as His children. He spoke in chapel to our students last month.
▪ The President represented Trinity College of Florida at the Presidential Inauguration of Dr. Timothy Beard, fourth president of Pasco Hernando State College on May 6, 2016.
▪ A spaghetti dinner was held for the support of the missions trip to Mexico on April 23, 2016. Trustee Les Harris was the keynote speaker.
▪ A new road has been constructed on Welbilt Boulevard in front of the College.
▪ The Board of Trustees of Trinity College of Florida will meet Friday, May 13, 2016.
Urgent Prayer Requests…
▪ Pray that the County will approve the adjusted plans for the new Student Residence Hall.
▪ Pray for our graduating students as they make decisions regarding vocation assignment versus further education.
▪ Pray for the summer needs of the College regarding compensation for faculty and staff.
▪ Pray for the Admissions Department for Fall enrollment. Pray for TrinityQuest and their enrollment goals.
▪ Pray for the mission outreaches, trips, and summer activities at the College
▪ Pray for the continued development of the Five-Year Strategic Plan along with the institutional goals. These documents and others will be presented to the Board of Trustees in the upcoming meeting.
“Let God’s Promises Shine on Your Problems.” Corrie Ten Boom
Serving with you on His Mission,