Also in this section:
The President's Circle
Are You One of the Four?
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
Wealth, education, title, responsibility, heritage, connections, personality, and age will NOT assure you of this transformational position in life! Many do not want it, many are not aware of it, and many will ‘shy’ away from it. It is a place in life that will provide gigantic blessing and impact … and more importantly, God wants you “as one of the four!”
Mark 2:1-12 HCSB records this amazing event … the paralytic carried by four men. Jesus was at home and many people gathered together to see Him, which led to no available room for others, not even at the door. He was speaking to them and then the following happened:
“Then they came to Him bringing a paralytic carried by four men. Since they were not able to bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, they removed the roof above where He was. And when they had broken through, they lowered the mat on which the paralytic was lying. Seeing their faith, Jesus told the paralytic, ‘Son, your sins are forgiven.’’’
But the Scribes were present and thinking thoughts about how Jesus could say such a thing. Only God could do this … it was blasphemy! Right away Jesus knew their thoughts and challenged them. (Read Mark 2:6-10). He said to the paralytic:
“I tell you: get up, pick up your mat, and go home. Immediately he got up, picked up the mat, and went out in front of everyone.” People were astonished! They said, “We have never seen anything like this!”
What an event! What a revealing! What a miracle! What a teaching! Revelation is present leading to hope and resolution of a human dilemma which man could not resolve! And here it is … it all started with four human beings who:
- Cared deeply for someone else who was in desperate and deep need,
- Persisted regardless of the ‘crowd’ of obstacles … people, barriers, and a roof,
- Focused on who could really provide the solution, the healing needed,
- Placed their lives, resources, and reputation on the line, and
- Were satisfied to remain behind the scenes with attention on the need, the mission, and Jesus.
Are you one of the four? These types of individuals are needed today desperately! They are people who will work through and break through barriers with the whole goal of relief for their friends and Glory for the Lord. Their work will provide the platform for God to use. Are you ready to sign up? Are you ready to come forth? It will require time, effort, thought, and commitment! God is calling for these people to come forward in churches, organizations, and businesses. He is calling for these people to come forward in professions of all types, including higher education. Are you one of the four? Will you answer the call? So many need you! Now is the time … grab your mat and let’s get going!!!
The Latest Happenings and News …
▪ Three days of iServe occurred last month with students preparing over 10,000 meals for distribution, cleaning the College campus as a voluntary service opportunity, and meeting churches, businesses, and non-profit organizations. Excellent opportunities were afforded them for Christian service and internship possibilities.
▪ The Global Impact Missions Conference was held the last three days of September. Representatives from various mission boards, support organizations, and mission outreach were present. Five videos of graduates in ministry were shown in chapel to begin this event.
▪ With historical wins accomplished by our Lady Tigers Volleyball team and the Tigers Soccer team, special recognition was given at a recent chapel service, followed by a celebration in the Dining Hall.
▪ The Raymond H. Center Library has taken on a new look for our Trinity students. A new website has been developed by Mrs. Cindy Hyer, Director of Library Services.
▪ Our President’s Council, a group of business leaders, professionals, educators, pastors, builders, and key community leaders will be on campus Friday, October 7, 2016. This group acts as an advisory council to the President and his administrators. On November 4, the Board of Trustees will be meeting. God is doing great things in our midst. This is His College and these are His students.
▪ Our new Student Residence Hall is on the horizon. Final approval is imminent and a groundbreaking service will be held on campus. The President has been meeting key donors, keeping stakeholders and other participants of this endeavor in the loop.
▪ Updated mission and vision statements have been achieved. The new 2016-2017 Academic Catalog is available online for review. Distribution of the President’s Circle is nearing 1,000.
▪ College Preview will be held October 28, 2016. This is an opportunity for prospective students to experience the classroom, chapel, and all the other amenities of the College. A wonderful meal and times of fellowship are planned with opportunities to meet the professors and check out available majors and academic offerings. More information is found by clicking here. This event is totally complimentary. It is a special time to meet other high school students, home school students, and those visiting from overseas. Mark your calendar and pray.
▪ Over 700 attended the Intersect event held at the First United Methodist Church in Tarpon Springs. Trinity’s own Dr. Tom Woodward was one of the presenters.
Your Prayer Support is Requested:
▪ College Preview. Pray for prospective students who are making decisions for next spring and fall.
▪ Student Residence Hall. Pray for the remainder of needed funds and county permission to move forward.
▪ Voting Precinct 100 is on the campus of Trinity College of Florida. Pray for the presidential election on November 8 as well as those who will be voting on campus.
▪ President’s Council and Board of Trustees.
▪ A number of faculty and staff are experiencing illness and “home goings” of parents.
▪ Global Impact Missions Conference Afterglow. Pray for students who are experiencing the call of God on their lives.
“Let us not be weary; we are closer than when we first believed. Do not focus your thoughts among the confused wheels of secondary causes … Providence has a thousand keys to deliver His own even when all hope is gone … duties are ours, events are the Lord’s.” Samuel Rutherford, The Loveliness of Christ
Grateful for your partnership at Trinity College of Florida,