Also in this section:
The President's Circle
It Is a BIG DEAL!
(download the President's Circle as a PDF here)
Obamacare is considered a big deal. Winning over $500,000,000 is considered a big deal. The arrangement with Iran is considered by some a big deal. And the list goes on … however, there is an event that occurred for you that really is a BIG Deal! It is overlooked, underappreciated, and many times neglected. Its achievement is breathtaking and beyond human words to describe. Many who have heard about and accepted it have failed to see the cost, depth of sacrifice, and unmatched benefits. It really is a BIG DEAL!
What am I talking about? It is revealed in Psalm 32:1 ESV:
“Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.”
One pastor titled a message on this passage: The Happiest Man in the Bible! I would agree! To be Forgiven … What joy! What Happiness! To be fully, finally, and freely pardoned … What a BIG DEAL! Someone else paid the price and provided the provision for the debt to be paid, Someone who had the resources and credentials - Jesus Christ! Simply Amazing!
John Flavel stated:
“O the unspeakable effectiveness of Christ's sacrifice; it extends to all sins, past, present, without exception, and all sins to come! God did not spare his own Son. Happy is the man who can say in a dying hour:
‘This is my comfort -- Forgiven!’”
Let me say this to all Christians: It is time to live a life that reflects this great truth of forgiveness. Many will say that there is “no sin” and “no wrong.” It is only a matter of opinion and culture sensitivity. But down deep in the depths of their being, they know that something is lacking, something missing. They may try all types of sedatives of materialism, self-helps, or good works, but it does not satisfy! There is a hole, an emptiness, a vacuum. Only Jesus can meet the crying need of the human soul! Jesus is the Answer! Just Jesus!
It is time to look inwardly and ask the hard questions! What is my life preaching? What is my life portraying? What is my life revealing? It is the responsibility of God the Holy Spirit to bring conviction to a soul, but remember: I am the 'window' to that reality. When people look at my life, what do people see and sense in me? What is the “good news according to me?”
John 1:29 clearly presents the event that will be discussed, reviewed, studied, and which will always lead to worship for all eternity:
“The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, ‘Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!’”
Now this is a REALLY BIG DEAL!
The Latest Happenings…
▪ On Wednesday, January 13, 2016, a special meeting was held on campus in the chapel regarding the future development of over 360 acres adjacent to and north of the College campus. Planners were present to update neighbors, administration, staff, and other visitors regarding the progress of activities. Updates were given on the expansion, makeup of the three phases, and landscape changes. Work is planned to begin this month, February 2016, on the resurfacing and expansion of Welbilt Boulevard in front of and north of the College. The road will change course and connect with State Road 54, a major artery of travel for Pasco County. The development of two lakes, landscape, and preparation for housing and business development will begin in June, 2016. It appears that there will be an expansion near and around the College, improving visibility and awareness.
▪ An 18-hole Frisbee golf course has been completed for student use on campus. It is also being utilized by professionals and others who are interested in the sport. This has raised additional interest in the College’s location. Work has now begun to complete the volleyball court on campus.
▪ Trinity’s 2016 Annual Banquet, “For His Kingdom,” will be held on Friday, May 13, 2016, 6:30 p.m. at the Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort in Palm Harbor, Florida. Our featured musical guest is Southern Raised, an incredibly talented family gospel group. Rev. Ron Walters will also bring greetings (see below). “Save the Date” postcards have gone out - mark your calendars to join Trinity alumni and friends for this event. You will be blessed! Click here for further details.
▪ The 2016 Trinity College Commencement Service will be held the following day, Saturday, May 14, 2016, 10:00 a.m., at Generations Christian Church, 1540 Little Road, Trinity, Florida. Guest speaker for the service will be Rev. Ron Walters, Senior Vice President of Ministry Relations for Salem Media, the nation’s largest distributor of Christian and family themed programming via radio, internet and publishing.
▪ Our Admissions personnel represented Trinity at a recent two-day Global Outreach Expo with thousands in attendance.
▪ Recently, donors and interested parties have been visiting the College with regard to the need for additional housing. Work is being completed to secure a date with the county to begin construction. Additional funds will be needed, but many want to see the College move forward on this project, having secured designated funding for this project years ago. Additional monies will be provided by the Lord as we move forward in faith.
▪ Dr. Shannon Hogan, Chair of the Business and Leadership Program, and President Mark O’Farrell were interviewed for one hour on WTBN’s iWork4Him program on January 13, 2016. To hear the interview, click here.
▪ A five-year Strategic Plan is being developed under the leadership of the Cabinet, Faculty, Staff, President, and Dr. Ralph Enlow, President of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
▪ C.S. Lewis Society’s 30th Anniversary Celebration Banquet will be February 5, 2016 at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa in Safety Harbor, Florida. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Al Mohler, President of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. The C. S. Lewis Society was originally launched on the campus of Princeton University and it has been based on the campus of Trinity College of Florida since 1988, led by Dr. Tom Woodward.
Things to Pray About …
▪ The Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) will host their 69th Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida on February 10-12, 2016. This year the emphasis is on “Seeking Biblical Clarity in an Age of Sexual Confusion.” Three administrators will be attending from Trinity College of Florida.
▪ The President’s Council meeting April 1, 2016
▪ College Preview scheduled for April 8, 2016
▪ Funding to complete the new Student Residence Hall
▪ New and returning students for the Spring semester
▪ Admissions contacts for prospective students, Fall 2016
“And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen”
John 21:25 is the last verse in John’s gospel. This is a verse I want to explore as we enter glory!
Grateful for your partnership,